Lift Up Your Eyes and Your Voice

John 4:34 and Luke 10:2

Sunday, November 12, 2006

International Day of Prayer

Today was the International Day of Prayer for the persecuted church. I have been waiting for this day to get here so I could post some prayer requests. Somehow the dates this weekend and the dates for the Day of prayer didn't connect. I'm really bummed that I missed it. I know that you and I can still pray for the persecuted church, but I really wanted to be a part of a massive prayer with believers around the world. Anyhow, I'm not going to NOT pray, and I wanted to challenge and encourage you to pray as well. I got this email from some missionary friends of mine. I hope that you will take some time to pray for Uncle Z, as well as other believers who are imprisoned, killed, tortured and other things we can't even begin to imagine. Here is just a little bit of information about Uncle Z to maybe help you pray.

"Uncle Z was one of the leaders we hosted in Egypt during meetings with Arab Christians about the Chinese vision in the spring of 2004. Z is the one who Anne chased up Mt. Sinai to ask him to walk another way. He was so happy to be at the mountain that he began to run straight up a slippery slope (with his business shoes on) instead of taking the path people took. He was also the one who carried a tie up to the top so he could put it on in honor of God. He was determined to hear God speak.

Uncle Z, as almost all of the Chinese sisters and brothers who came with us to the Middle East, had struggled and spent many years in prison. We recently received this email: 'On December 1, 2004 Uncle Z was arrested. Since then, we have all prayed for him many times and talked and wondered what could be done. On June 29 of this year, Uncle Z was sentenced to 7 ½ years in prison. It appears that all diplomatic channels that the USA could use to ask for his release are now closed.'”

They then asked for some specific ways to take some action for Uncle Z. Writing letters, getting your church/sunday school classes to commit to pray. If you feel led to be a part of this, let me know and I'll get you more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home