Lift Up Your Eyes and Your Voice

John 4:34 and Luke 10:2

Friday, February 02, 2007

URGENT!!!

I've heard plenty of stories of Believers being persecuted, beaten, and thrown in jail, but it's always been stories of people I've never known. As most of you probably know (if you don't, I'm sorry), I spent the last summer in India. I met some really incredible people there who I can't name, but their initials are Y and M. They have a 12 yr old son who I'll call C. My hands are shaking with nervousness. Basically, Y and M have been encountering some persecution for the last couple years, but it has escaladed in the last couple of weeks faster than I've been able to respond or get an email out for prayer. Wait...back ground...Y and M train church planters in India. They are involved with some projects that are very high security. We got to be a part of one of those while I was in India. It was amazing. The Lord is moving in powerful ways and is using them tremendously. They have a training center where they bring these church planters in. It was such a blessing to meet them, get to know them and their son, and work with them. He's a great kid. Okay, now that you know who they are, here's what happened. There were some outrageous charges placed against them, that would not stand as legitimate here in the States but because this is India and it's a spiritual battle, these charges actually hold threatening ground. They have been given money by believers here in the States to take their case to the higher court where they have a better chance of being posted bail so they don't have to go to prison. They will be going to court on Feb 4, which is tomorrow night (Feb 3rd) for us. I got another email today with quotes from M saying how grateful they are for the financial and prayer support they are receiving and then at the bottom it had another urgent request. As the email was being written, a call was received saying that Y and a large group of Christians were meeting and a group of RSS (radical militant Hindus) surrounded them and beat up some of the leaders...one of them being Y. This almost doesn't seem real because it's hitting so close to home. Y, M, and C were some of my favorite people that I met there in India. Y was able to get away (and is possibly back home now), while others were detained, but his computer was confiscated which has plans on it for future projects that are very high security. So his computer is in the hands of the RSS with information that is not even allowed to be reported to anyone. They are asking for prayer that God would erase any files on there needed to protect these projects and the people involved. Please pray for the people that have pressed these charges, that God would soften their hearts and that they would understand the truth Y and M have shared with them. Pray for the judges in the low and high courts as they handle this case. Y and M are very shaken and tired and little C is feeling the stress as well. He pleads with his mom to be there to pick him up after school and not be in jail.

I apologize if all this is very vague and scattered, but attempting to add all the details would create a novel. I wish I wasn't at work so I could fall on my face and cry and pray and whatever else, but I can't just yet and Y, M, and C need a large army fighting with them.

Please pray. Please pray. Please Pray. I'll give an update as soon as I get one. Please also pass this on to anyone that is a prayer warrior! Thank you and I know Y and M thank you from the bottom of their hearts as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/6/13 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://eekshop.com

    1 The Japanese Type LED Watch : Zerg Overlord

     

Post a Comment

<< Home